King Cummings Memorial Park
Built - c. 1955
Guilford is a town in the Piscataquis County of Maine and is located along the Piscataquis River. It was first settled in 1806 after Reverend Robert Low and Deacon Robert Herring of New Gloucester purchased several thousand acres in the area from Bowdoin College. The town itself was first officially designated as a "plantation" during 1806 and officially incorporated by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on February 8, 1816. The town is best known as the birthplace of the world's largest producers of panel cloth.
Guilford's bandstand was built around the mid-1950s along the river in King Cummings Memorial Park by the employees from Pride Manufacturing. It was donated by the company to memorialize a very important businessman. It is really too small to be the venue for other than small 3-piece bands but is important during the town's annual River Festival.