Rowe Town Green
Built - 1985
The town of Rowe is located in western Massachusetts very close to the Green Mountain National Forest of Vermont. It is also minutes from the famous Mohawk Trail. Originally the town was known as Myrifield from 1785 until it became part of the town of Monroe in 1822. After that, Rowe went on its own after receiving some land from the nearby town of Zoar.
To celebrate its bicentennial, the town had their "gazebo" built on the town green next to the town hall in 1985. The money to pay the Old Fox Construction Company to build the pre-fabricated structure was appropriated through town funds.
Upon completion, the bandstand was dedicated to the residents of the town who have used it on many occasions since for band concerts, by a few small local groups, many weddings, elementary school graduations and the town's Fall Festival. The bandstand is the first for the town and has always been maintained beautifully and is "THE" place for picture-taking on many other different occasions since the bandstand overlooks scenic Mill Pond which is always a picture-perfect sight all year long.
INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY:
Melissa Quinn, Administrative Asst