Wilmot Community Bandstand
Wilmot Town Green
Built - 2002
Wilmot is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire that was incorporated in 1807 from part of New London. At that time, the town took its name from Dr. James Wilmot, an English clergyman, who was known to have been one of the few individuals who had spoken out against England's poor treatment of the American colonies. The town has had two notable residents in Donald Hall, who was a U. S. Poet Laureate in 1928 and Jane Kenyon, also a poet and translator from 1947 to 1995.
Wilmot's multi-colored bandstand was built in 2002 on the Wilmot Town Green and is the first one the town has had. It was built and dedicated in honor of a citizen of the town, Thelma Cuccinello, who was killed on 9/11/01 in one of the planes and funded by the raising of the necessary funds from car washes, bake sales, cookouts, etc. with Rhonda & Rick Gauthier, Ed Weaver, Jayne Rayno, and Gayle Irick working hard to raise such funding. The bandstand has been used as a venue for many band concerts as well as the Farmer's Market and other community events.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY:
Rhonda L. Gauthier, Founder & President
of the Bandstand Committee