Avon Town Green
Built - 1995
Avon was incorporated as a separate town in 1830, taking its name from the Avon River in England. In those early days, it had three hotels, a carriage and blacksmith shop and several stores. Its town seal depicts the Towpath Canal as its central theme reflecting on Avon's importance as an inland water port.
Avon's bandstand was built in 1995 on its town green and is the first one the town has had. It was designed and built in conjunction with the Town Green master plan. The bandstand was a volunteer project of the Avon Garden Club and took many months of careful planning with its resulting structure being a magnificent one financed by volunteer contributions of the town's residents, families and friends.
The bandstand has been extensively used each summer for special community events, band concerts and the annual popular "Avon Day."
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY:
Phillip Schenck, Town Manager