David S. Lynch Park
Built - c. 1910
The Rose Garden at David S. Lynch Park was formerly part of the Evans Family estate and is almost 90 years old as of this writing. The garden was also known as the Stetson Cottage property where former President William Taft had his summer home in 1909 and 1910. The garden was modeled after those in Italy and blooms in brilliant colors in the spring with its lush rose gardens overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and has been a wonderful setting for countless weddings and other picture opportunities.
After the death of the Evans, the land was purchased from an Elizabeth Sohier who remodeled the gardens as a replica of an Italian villa and added a prehistoric Chinese temple from the Orient which can be considered as a bandstand since weddings take place in it and undoubtably, music and other entertainment emit from the structure and the gardens.