BOLTON LANDING NY
Built - 1990
The town of Bolton and Bolton Landing was established in 1799 and originally included the towns of Hague, Caldwell and Horicon. The town was always a quiet one quickly establishing a union edicife erected in 1811. Due to its proximity to the lake, potash, lumbering and saw mills were established. After the Civil War, summer hotels and boarding palaces began to abound and it became a pleasure-seeking community.
Its bandstand was built in Rogers Park in 1990 by the Town of Bolton to replace the original one that was burned by arsonists on a Halloween evening. It has a Dutch Hip Roof and was designed by Garden Time of Queensbury, NY and was constructed from a kit by town employees. It has an open design for a wonderful view of Lake George and has been a venue for many bands in the area since its inception.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY:
Edgar M. Caldwell, Town Historian